The cowboy hat is an iconic western fashion accessory getting prominence in 2022. It has a rich history of evolution and has catered to individuals with distinct tastes and personalities. Cow cowboy hats are the best option if you are interested in vintage appeal with a viable touch. You must select the right choice after understanding the basic features of cowboy hats. Cowboy hats give a street style appeal to the wearer, and their wide brim is a distinguishing feature you will not find in other hat options. Often cowboy hats are misunderstood as fedora hats. However, these are distinct categories and have unique characteristics.
- What is a cowboy and cowgirl hat?
Cowboy hat is also called western hat or cowgirl hat. All these are the same. These are wide-brimmed headwear designed for protecting ranchers from extreme weather elements. Although people have used wide-brimmed headwear for centuries, the modern-day cowboy hat comes from the 1860s. Initially, hat makers used plant material to manufacture these hats, but today several other artificial materials are utilized for constructing these headgears.
If you desire to create your cattleman look, you must go for this fur-felt headwear. The tall crown, sleek side, and wide brim make cowboy hats distinguished headwear. The designs are waterproof, durable, and fashionable. Hence, for every fashion-forward individual, cowboy hats are the best option to style themselves with something unique and original. Along with this, you also have cowboy belts and boots that remain an iconic accessory in the western style industry.
- How will you know that it’s your perfect cowboy hat?
The correct cowboy hat for an individual has much to do with personal preferences. Thus, what’s right for you, may not be accurate for somebody else. Based on your head shape, forehead size, and overall appearance, there are multiple cowboy hats to cater to your requirement. You must select the best one with your facial characteristics and head shape. Hence, you have to pay attention to the following points:
- Pay attention to your head shape: Before choosing the cowboy hat, you must determine your facial shape. People having oval faces may select any cowboy hat. On the other hand, round-faced individuals may benefit from hats with a tall crown and slanted brim. Narrow and long faces look best with hats of medium height and oblique crowns. On the other hand, if you have a heart-shaped face, you may go for teardrop-shaped hats with a short brim. Those individuals with square faces may use hats with curved rims and round crowns.
- Know your head measurement: Hat manufacturers publish a hat size chart, which is a reliable resource you may use for understanding your head size. If you do not have this, you can at least use your measuring tape available at home to get the numbers correct. You may use the sizing tape to understand the size of your forehead. Hold the video firmly and rapidly around your head to get your numbers. Finding the apt cowboy hat size plays a vital role.
- What are the outfit options when styling a cowboy hat?
Cowboy hats are available in a variety of styles, and thus these are appropriate for every event. You may wear black cowboy headwear for formal occasions; palm leaves headwear, or straw hats for informal occasions. You may select cowboy hats, pair them with classic apparel, and balance them with cowboy boots. For that modern look, you may pick black high boots and pair them with leather cowboy hats. People wear it with a button-down shirt and jeans, and if you want to create the same vintage style, you have to go for the appropriate shorts and t-shirts.
- Never lose sight of these hat etiquettes
The long history of cowboy hats gives you a comprehensive understanding of western tradition and culture. They have stood the test of time, all thanks to hat etiquette. You have to consider these in detail because that will make you an appropriate hat wearer.
- Placement of the bow: place the bubble inside the hat at the back of the head. For first-time wearers, they may get confused regarding the bow. However, all you need to do is keep the sweatband inside the headwear and ensure that the bubble is at the back.
- Remove it when indoors: You must remove the hat when you are indoors, like attending a wedding, inside a private home, or a public building. In the case of formal occasions, the cap must come off, but in the case of informal events, you may feel free to do whatever you want.
These are a few significant points you must remember when wearing cowboy hats.
Remember that you must unleash the many characteristics of cowboy hats to be a fashion-forward individual. Understand the style and size of the cap and other distinguishing features to create a statement appeal. Experiment with your apparel to pull out the signature look.
Thanks for reading