Printing a document or image is a cakewalk if you have HP Printer to print/scan/fax/copy. Though it’s a most preferable device, sometimes, HP Printer Offline status can be displayed on your Mac and hence not continue to your print job. It can be too dreadful as you could not print anything, not even your official document. When your HP Printer says offline for no apparent reason, don’t pull your hair. A couple of troubleshooting methods will often help you get your printer back online and resume print job again. In this guide, you will obtain the tips and tricks to instantly fix an offline printer with your Mac. Hence, feast your eyes and carefully read from top-to-toe as the effective solutions are at your fingertips.
Effectual Solving Methods To Fix HP Printer Offline On Mac
Without looking for a second option, follow the below-noted instructions one by one if really your HP Printer Keeps Going Offline. The comprehensive suitable troubleshooting steps are provided underneath. So, just give a glimpse and implement the solving methods unless your HP Printer turns back online and hence prints with no hindrance.
Solution 1: Reset HP Printer on Mac
Here’s how professionally you can reset your printer:
- First, click on the “Apple” menu.
- Then, select the “System Preferences” option.
- Click the “Print & Fax” tab or the “Print & Scan” tab.
- After that, right-click anywhere inside the Printers window and then select “Reset Printing System” in the pop-up menu.
- Now, click “Reset” in the confirmation window.
- Now, you are intended for entering your password correctly. So, enter it and click the “OK” tab.
- Doing this will complete the resetting process.
Solution 2: Uninstall & Reinstall HP Printer
Reinstalling the HP Printer will give it a fresh start. So, let’s remove the installed printer from Mac and try to reinstall it properly. The comprehensive process is herein:
- First and forecast, click on the “Apple” menu.
- Select “System Preferences”.
- Go to the “Printers & Scanners” section and click the “Print & Scan” tab.
- Now, select “Print and Fax”.
- The printer which has to be discarded is to be highlighted.
- Click the “Minus” symbol and select “Delete Printer.”
- After doing so the installed printer will be removed from the Mac device.
- Now, tap the “+” symbol.
- You will find your device in the appeared list. Choose it.
- Select either the option of “Print Using” or “Use”.
- Click “AirPrint” using the dropdown tab.
- Finally, click the “Add” button to finally add your printer to Mac.
Solution 3: Run HP Smart App
The HP Smart app is usually found on Mac computers to diagnose the issues and fix them at the same time. So, when an HP Printer Offline error occurs on Mac, it can be caused by connection problems. Resolve this issue simply by running the HP Smart Diagnose & Fix app. Here’s the step:
- Run the “HP Smart” diagnostic app on Mac.
- If this app is not already installed, visit the Mac App Store and download this app. After that, run it on your Mac computer.
- Now, give a click on the icon of “Printers” you use and then select “Diagnose & Fix”.
- Now, press the “Start” button.
- Doing this will start identifying the error and simultaneously rectifying it to bring back your printer online soon.
- Once the screening of the specific error gets done, press either “Done” or “Test Print.”
Basic Troubleshooting Tactics To Resolve HP Printer Offline
1: Verify Your Cable Connections
- Check the cable that is taken to link your HP printer and Mac computer.
- Make sure the cable is neither defective nor loose.
- Also, ensure that the printer is turned on.
2: Take a Glance At The Paper Tray
- Check the tray where A-4-sized papers are loaded.
- Make sure not even a single piece of paper is jammed or smudged inside the printer tray otherwise your HP Printer Keeps Going Offline.
- Ensure that sufficient papers are loaded printer and also the paper is aligned accurately in the printer.
3: Check The Ink Level
- If nothing works in sorting your HP Printer Offlineerror, now check the level of ink installed in the cartridges.
- If you see a “Low Ink” or “Empty Ink” message, replace the ink cartridges immediately that are empty.
4: Update Software
- Click the “Apple” menu and select “Software Update” to install the updates that are available for your Mac computer.
Is HP Printer Offline Yet Displayed? Contact Us
Don’t get disappointed! If you have attempted all of these above fixes but unfortunately still HP Printer Offline error occurs. Despite freaking out, consult our dexterous tech-geeks via dialing the 24×7 helpline number. The HP Printer that says offline will be converted online within the least time of interval as the techies who help you have immense years of experience. Thus, feel free to contact us and get a handy resolution procedure in the comfort of your home.